Everyone should own at least one good cashmere sweater. The feel and softness compare to no other medium used in sweater construction. Angora is probably of the closest but cashmere is a beautiful, soft fabric that looks and feels wonderful, even softer than angora.
Angora sweaters are made from the loose combed-through and collected hairs of rabbits. Cashmere would be classified as a wool as it is the wool (or fur) of the Kashmir goat. The wool is harvested when the goats are undergoing their annual shedding of their protective layer of down wool that keeps them warm all winter. When warmer weather approaches as the harsh Mongolian winter is over, the goats lose the down and it's collected.
From there the down is spun into yarn and then made into the beautiful cashmere sweaters. The wool takes colors well and fading is usually minimal with proper care. Vintage cashmere sweaters are often in great shape because the cashmere fibers are tight and the sweaters hold their shape and hold up for decades.
- HaCkEd By GeNErAL
- by w4l3XzY3
- Ugly Christmas Sweaters!
- Where to Score a Hip Hop Sweater
- Vintage Sweaters and New Vintage Sweaters
- Easy Cashmere Sweater Care Tips
- Dog Sweaters Aren’t Just a Doggie Fad Fashion Item
- Sweaters with Thumb Holes Becoming the Rage
- Tipsy Elves Unveils Christmas 2011 Ugly Sweaters!
- Oops! Retailer Backpedals Away from Steve Jobs’ Sweater Supplier Claim
- Sweaters for Penguins?
- Most Expensive Sweaters
- Where to Find Dog Sweaters
- Halloween Sweaters: Ugly is the Best
- Halloween Sweaters Women of a Larger Size Can Enjoy
- Scary Halloween Sweaters
- Make Your Own Dog Sweater No Sewing
- Let’s Talk Cashmere Sweaters
- Where can i find anthropologie sweaters for cheap?
- The Sweaters – Troublemaker