You read that right, sweaters for penguins are a reality. I know, I know, you're thinking but haven't penguins lived in sub-zero temperatures for a long, long time without the aid of looking fashionable and being warm? It's true they have but there's an added factor for these penguins; the small blue penguins of North Island, New Zealand were coated in oil from one of the worst spills in history for that nation and as a result, the birds cannot preen themselves as the oil is toxic.
The call went out for knitters to please donate some tiny sweaters and the response has been overwhelming. Sweaters are coming in from all over the world. See more penguins in sweaters and read more about this intriguing story here.
- Ugly Christmas Sweaters!
- Where to Score a Hip Hop Sweater
- Vintage Sweaters and New Vintage Sweaters
- Easy Cashmere Sweater Care Tips
- Dog Sweaters Aren’t Just a Doggie Fad Fashion Item
- Sweaters with Thumb Holes Becoming the Rage
- Tipsy Elves Unveils Christmas 2011 Ugly Sweaters!
- Oops! Retailer Backpedals Away from Steve Jobs’ Sweater Supplier Claim
- Sweaters for Penguins?
- Most Expensive Sweaters
- Where to Find Dog Sweaters
- Halloween Sweaters: Ugly is the Best
- Halloween Sweaters Women of a Larger Size Can Enjoy
- Scary Halloween Sweaters
- Make Your Own Dog Sweater No Sewing
- Let’s Talk Cashmere Sweaters
- Where can i find anthropologie sweaters for cheap?
- The Sweaters – Troublemaker
- How can you wash and dry sweaters without having them lose their shape?
- Gem Sweater